Tuesday, January 1, 2013

For 2013, Less Is More

I'm a big believer in resolutions. This year, 2013, is no different. However, the way I write this year's resolutions will differ from years past.

The theme for 2013 is "Less Is More." For example:
  • I will eat less candy and more fruit to satisfy my sweet tooth.
  • I will sit less at my desk at work and walk more during my lunch hour and weekends.
  • I will do less sleeping and more Pilates, weight lifting, and ballroom dancing.
  • I will be less snarky and more compassionate. (Even if that means I keep my mouth shut more.)
  • I will watch less less television and read and write more.
  • I will buy less "stuff" and invest and save more.
  • If I have to buy things or services, I will spend less and find more values.
  • I will spend less time on Facebook and Twitter and more time connecting with family and friends face to face.
  • I will procrastinate less and spend more time cleaning and managing my finances.
I will print this and place this list in front of my computer in my home office to see how I'm doing. I will also post a progress report July 1. Wish me luck!

Writing Diva

No comments: